Patrick holds a BSc in technical chemistry from TU Vienna and carried out his bachelor thesis in the field of organic chemistry under the supervision of Dr. Florian Glöcklhofer. He is currently studying towards a MSc degree in synthesis chemistry at TU Vienna focusing on organic synthesis for materials chemistry. Patrick’s interest in covalent organic frameworks (COFs) was raised during an internship at the Bojdys Lab at Charles University in Prague. He joined our group in March 2018 as a research assistant focusing on the synthesis of covalent organic frameworks and extended his stay to work on his masters thesis “Synthesis of N– & S– heterocycle-based monomers and their high performance materials”.
Organic Materials, Organic Synthesis, Hydrothermal COF Synthesis, Solid-State Polymerization.
1) F. Glöcklhofer, P. Kautny, P. Fritz, B. Stöger, J. Fröhlich, ChemPhotoChem 2017, 1, 51. „Using Dicyanoanthracene Triflates as Superior Precursors: Modifying Properties by Sterically Hindered Aryl Substituents”
6) POSTER: “Chemical Synthesis in Hot Water- A Method for Sunstainable Chemical Production?” Marianne Lahnsteiner, D. Alonso Cerrón-Infantes, Hipassia M. Moura, Patrick W. Fritz, Musthafa M. Iqbal, Olivier Gazil, Elias K. Bumbaris, Miriam M. Unterlass. 20. Österreichischer CCCA Klimatag, 24th-26th April 2019, TU Wien, Vienna Austria.
5) POSTER: “Chemical Synthesis in Hot Water- A Method for Sunstainable Chemical Production?” Marianne Lahnsteiner, D. Alonso Cerrón-Infantes, Hipassia M. Moura, Patrick W. Fritz, Musthafa M. Iqbal, Olivier Gazil, Elias K. Bumbaris, Miriam M. Unterlass. International Symposium: Global Sustainable Development Goals in a Mediatized World. April 4th – 5th 2019, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna, Austria
4) POSTER: “Hydrothermal Route Towards Porous Polyimide Networks”, P.W Fritz and M. M. Unterlass, 31. Deutsche Zeolith-Tagung, Mar 6th-8th, Dresden, Germany.
3) POSTER: “1,3,5-Triazines for Materials and Biology”, P.W Fritz, Hipassia M. Moura and M. M. Unterlass, CEMM Recess 2019, Feb 18th-20th, Waidhofen, Austria.
2) POSTER: “Polyimide Networks by Hydrothermal Polymerization”, P.W Fritz and M. M. Unterlass, Polycondensation 2018, Oct 14th-19th, Alexandria, VA, USA.
1) POSTER: “Dicyanoanthracene triflates: Excellent precursors for dicyanoanthracene-based light- emitting materials”, F. Glöcklhofer, P. Kautny, P. Fritz, B. Stöger, J. Fröhlich, ChemCYS 2018 (Chemistry Conference for Young Scientists), Feb 21st– 23rd 2018, Blankenberge, Belgium.
- Simon Eder; 8 weeks research internship; Mar 2019 – Apr 2019