Alonso started studying natural sciences at the Pontifical Catholic University of Perú in Lima and then moved to TU Vienna to study technical chemistry. He performed his BSc thesis in our group, on the synthesis of monomer salt single crystals. After his BSc thesis, Alonso re-joined the group as research assistant. He works on several projects in the field of applied polymer science, ranging from polymer phase behaviour under production process conditions to polymer morphology studies. Moreover, Alonso develops green processes for high-performance polymer (HPP) processing into application-relevant forms such as HPP films and fibers. Aside, Alonso is a public outreach and science communication enthusiast. Together with Miriam, Alonso coordinates and designs the groups public outreach activities.
1) K. Kriechbaum#, D. A. Cerrón-Infantes#, B. Stöger and M. M. Unterlass*, Macromolecules 2015, 48, 8773-8780. “Shape-Anisotropic Polyimide Particles by Solid-State Polycondensation of Monomer Salt Single Crystals” (# shared first authorship)
2) D. A. Cerrón-Infantes and M. M. Unterlass*, Revista Revista de Química PUCP 2016, vol. 30(1-2), 3-6. “Poliimidas de alto rendimiento con forma angular” (invited feature article) [FRONT & BACK COVER PAGE]
6) POSTER: “Synthesis of Non-Spherical Polymer Particles of Controlled Size and Shape”, D. A. Cerrón-Infantes and M. M. Unterlass, 16th Austrian Chemistry Days 2017, Sept 25th-28th, Salzburg, Austria.
5) TALK: “The wonders of growing organic salt crystals”, D. A. Cerrón-Infantes and M. M. Unterlass, FuNMat 2017, Sept 20th-22nd, Pilsen, CZ.
4) [POSTER PRIZE] POSTER: “Implications of Monomer Salt Structures for Their Solid-State Polycondensation to Polyimides”, D. A. Cerrón-Infantes and M. M. Unterlass, Danube Vltava Sava Polymer Meeting (DVSPM) 2017, Sept 5th-8th, Vienna, Austria.
3) POSTER: “Crystalline Polyimides by Non-classical Polymerization Techniques”, B. Baumgartner, D. A. Cerrón-Infantes, Sebastian España-Orozco and M. M. Unterlass, Polymer Physics Gordon Research Conference 2016, July 24th-29th, Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, MA, USA.
2) POSTER: “Implications of Monomers Salt Crystal Structures for their Solid-State Polycondensation to Aromatic Polyimides”, D. A. Cerrón-Infantes and M. M. Unterlass, STEPI 10 – Polyimides and High-Performance Polymers, June 6th-9th 2016, Montpellier, France.
1) POSTER: “Synthesis of Non-Spherical Polymer Particles of Controlled Size and Shape”, D. A. Cerrón-Infantes and M. M. Unterlass, 16th Austrian Chemistry Days 2015, Sept 21st-24th, Innsbruck, Austria.
1) ”Best Poster award” at the DVSPM 2017, Vienna, Austria
PUBLIC OUTREACH AND SCIENCE COMMUNICATION:
3) Wiener Forschungsfest 2018 [upcoming]
2) Lange Nacht der Forschung 2018
1) Lange Nacht der Forschung 2016