Alessandro joined our spin-off UGP materials GmbH in 2019 as head of production. His current focus is the scale-up process of hydrothermal synthesis of polyimides and development of the first UGP pilot plant. Alessandro holds a BSc and MSc in Chemistry from the University of Padua, where he graduated with a thesis on the scale-up potential for continuous flow synthesis of carbon nanomaterial. From 2012 to 2019, Alessandro worked in the UK developing reactors for nanocoating via PE-CVD and scale-ups of nanomaterial fabrication for drug delivery systems for two Biotech firms. Since 2019 he’s an MBA candidate at Warwick Business School in London.
Scale-up, pilot-plant, hydrothermal synthesis, polyimides, composites, high-performance materials, nanotech, coatings, nanoparticles.
3) S. J. M. Hale, R. D. Perrins, C. Espinosa Garcı́a, A. Pace, U. Peral, K. R. Patel, A. Robinson, P. Williams, Y. Ding, G. Saito, M. Á. Rodriguez, I. Perera, A. Barrientos, K. Conlon, S. Damment, J. Porter, and T. Coulter: “DM1 Loaded Ultrasmall Gold Nanoparticles Display Significant Efficacy and Improved Tolerability in Murine Models of Hepatocellular Carcinoma”, Bioconjugate Chem. 2019, 30(3), 703-713. doi: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.bioconjchem.8b00873
2) M. Roskamp, T. Coulter, Y. Ding, R. Perrins, C. Espinosa García, A. Pace, S. Hale, A. Robinson, P. Williams, U. Aguilera Peral, K. Patel, and D. Palmer: “SIKVAV peptide functionalized ultra-small gold nanoparticles for selective targeting of α6β1 integrin in hepatocellular carcinoma”, Journal of Physics: Conf. Series 2017, 829, 012017, p.1-8. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/829/1/012017
1) P. Salice, E. Rossi, A. Pace, P. Maity, T. Carofiglio, E. Menna, and M. Maggini: “Chemistry of Carbon Nanotubes in Flow”, J. Flow Chem. 2014, 4(2), 79-85. doi: https://doi.org/10.1556/JFC-D-13-00031
2) T. Coulter, S. Damment, A. Pace, and D. Palmer: “Cyclodextrin-panobinostat adduct”; Priority to GB1605406.6 submitted on: March 31st, 2016; Priority to GB201605406 submitted on: March 31st, 2016; Priority to Priority to GBGB1610440.8A submitted on: June 15th, 2016; Priority to GB1610440.8 submitted on: June 15th, 2016; Filing: March 29th, 2017. Publication: WO2017167837A1, on October 5th, 2017. Published: October 5th, 2017.
1) D. Palmer, R. Groves, P. Seaman, V. Cavalier-Hirth, and A. Pace: “Nanoparticle production”, Priority to: GB1603358.1 submitted on February 26th, 2016; Filing: February 22nd, 2017, Publication: WO PCT/EP2017/054096, on August 31st, 2018.
2) POSTER: “Peptide-functionalized Ultrasmall Gold Nanoparticles for Integrin Receptor Targeting”, U. A. Peral, A. Pace, C. M. Aguilera and T. Coulter, Applied Nanotechnology and Nanoscience International Conference 2016, November 8th-11th 2016, Barcelona, Spain.
1) POSTER: “Effect of Ligand Shell Composition on Biodistribution of Ultrasmall Gold Nanoparticles”, A. Pace, Y. Ding, M. Roskamp and T. Coulter, International Conference on Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnology 2016, September 27th-30th, 2016, Paris, France.