Our lab is equipped with state-of-the art instruments for the different syntheses we perform:
- monomer synthesis and purification: classical organic lab equipment, Schlenk lines, etc.
- crystallization techniques: H-tubes, H-tubes, 0.5L double diffusion apparatus, etc.
- solid-state polymerization: ovens (inert gas, vacuum)
- hydrothermal polymerization: various high-temperature high-pressure batch reactors, with or without stirring, ranging from 7.5 mL – 1L; high-temperature high-pressure synthesis microwave oven, ATR-FTIR spectrometer with mid-IR probe for in-situ investigations (1L HT reactor is equipped with a corresponding inlet)
At the Institute of Materials Chemistry, we have access to a wide range of analytical techniques relevant to our research:
- thermal analyses: DSC, TGA
- gas sorption
- optical microscopy
- solution and solid-state NMR
- light scattering
- calcination ovens (different gas atmospheres)