We care about communicating with the interested public.
Therefore, we regularly participate in different public outreach events. Our outreach activities include:
- TEDxTUWien talk on the environmentally friendly synthesis of High Performance Polymers; May 5th 2018.
- Long night of research (Lange Nacht der Forschung) booth on “What is color” (“Was ist Farbe?”); April 13th 2018.
- FIT Infotage Discussion partner of girls (ca. 15 years old) at the FIT (“Frauen in die Technik”) information workshop January 30th 2018.
- Participant in the Panel discussion “Alles ist (auch) Chemie” (“Everything is chemistry (too)”) at the 22nd TU Forum of TU Wien; May 4th 2017.
- FIT Infotage Discussion partner of girls (ca. 15 years old) at the FIT (“Frauen in die Technik”) information workshop; Jan 31st 2017.
- Radio interview with radio NJOY in the show “Wissenschaftsradio”; Dec 13th 2016.
- Participation in the Video “Was ist Wissenstransfer?” (“What is knowledge transfer?”) by the Wissens- und Technologietransferzentrum Ost (WTZ Ost); Sept 15th 2016.
- Participation in the YO!TECH Science and technology fair – a fair aiming at attracting high school students to a career in science and technology by the Austrian Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology (BMVIT); Jan 27th 2016.
- Radio feature on Ö1 in the show “Salzburger Nachtstudio”; Jan 28th 2015.
- Interviews/articles with/for non-scientific magazines and newspapers (e.g. Der Standard, profil wissen, Forschen&Entdecken, NEWS, 2030 – Das Zukunftsmagazin)
We also propose internships for high-school students, to give adolescents the opportunity to get a glimpse of what scientists actually do in their research labs. If you your are interested in an internship or would like to know more about or research, high-performance polymers, plastics, etc., please contact Miriam.