Daniel holds a BSc and BA in Biology from the Universidade Paulista, Sao Paulo, Brazil. He performed his BSc thesis in the field of cellular and molecular biology under the supervision of Prof. Cristina P. Vicente in the University of Campinas. Daniel carried out both his MSc thesis and PhD thesis at the School of Medical Sciences of University of Campinas (Unicamp), Brazil, under the supervision of Prof. Jose A. Rocha Gontijo in the field of renal physiology and fetal programming. In February 2022, Daniel Block joined our group as a postdoctoral fellow.
3) D. B. Block, F. F. Mesquita, I. P. De Lima, P. A. Boer, J. A. R. Gontijo*: “Fetal kidney programming by maternal smoking exposure: effects on kidney structure, blood pressure and urinary sodium excretion in adult offspring“, Nephron, 2015, 129, 283-292. doi: 10.1159/000377634
2) D. B. Block, F. F. Mesquita, I. P. De Lima, P. A. Boer, J. A. R. Gontijo*: “Fetal programming by maternal smoking exposure: kidney structure and function in adult offspring“, J. Dev. Orig. Health Dis., 2015, 6, S163. doi: 10.1017/S2040174415007801
1) J. A. P. Godoy, D. B. Block, D. M. Tollefsen, C. C. Werneck, C. P. Vicente*: “Dermatan sulfate and bone marrow mononuclear cells used as a new therapeutic strategy after arterial injury in mice“, Cytotherapy, 2011, 13, 695-704. doi: 10.3109/14653249.2010.548378
2) POSTER: “Effect of gestational smoke on renal function and structure and blood pressure of offspring”, D. B. Block, P. A. Boer, J. A. R. Gontijo, 12º Congresso Mineiro de Nefrologia, May 25th-27th, 2015, Ouro Preto, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
1) POSTER: “Smoking in Pregnant Rats: effect on Renal Function and Blood Pressure in offspring”, D. B. Block, P. A. Boer, F. F. Mesquita, J. A. R. Gontijo, 10º Congresso Mineiro de Nefrologia, May 20th-23rd, 2013, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
1) Honorable Mention for the best poster from the 10º Congresso Mineiro de Nefrologia (2013).